Here is the breakdown for Sunday night’s presentations:
- Please make sure your team has filled out the team survey (sent to you by the organizer) in order to be on that list of companies pitching on Sunday. << super important, people!
- You will be connecting your personal laptops to the projector for your presentations.
- Each team will have 5 minutes to present. The panel will have 3-5 minutes of questions and feedback, then we’ll jump straight to the next presentation. We will be very strict on timing.
- The room is yours. Use any visual aids you want. Make it interactive if you can. But remember that you have 5 minutes.
- We will alert you when you have one minute remaining. We will not allow pitches to go long; some of the panel members need to leave at a certain time.
- Business Model Validation
Who are their key partners? Is there a customer acquisition / rollout strategy? Did the team identify customers (demographic, location etc)? Did the team get out and talk to customers? What is the value proposition to customers? What is the cost and revenue breakdown?
- Product Execution
Have they established a “Minimal Viable Product” for the weekend (software, hardware, etc.)? *Note: an MVP is the minimum set of features to be able to start collecting data. Were they able to demo something functional?
- User Experience Design
Does it have a professional look and feel? Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience? Is it memorable? What key insights were gathered over the weekend to go in this creative direction?